- what personally identifiable information of yours is collected from you through www.gucluweb.com ("Website"),
- the organization collecting the information,
- how the information is used,
- with whom the information may be shared,
- what choices are available to you regarding collection, use and distribution of the information,
- the kind of procedures we employ in an effort to hinder the unauthorized access, deletion, alteration, use or disclosure of information you provide to Vince,
- how you can correct any inaccuracies in the information you provide to us; and
- your privacy rights.
Please read this policy carefully. By visiting our Website you acknowledge and agree to the practices described in this policy.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this policy or any questions, concerns or requests about your personal Information, please contact us at:
This policy applies to the treatment of personally identifiable information that Vince collects through our Website and our services. The policy does not apply to practices of companies whose websites may be linked to Vince. For access to the privacy policies of such linked websites, please refer to the information provided by such websites on their homepages. Also, see the paragraph below under the heading "Hypertext Links."
For the purpose of applicable data protection and privacy law, Vince is the controller of personally identifiable information collected from you on this Website.
You may voluntarily provide personally identifiable information to us in the following ways:
- by filling forms on our Website (for example, our "Inquiry" or "Contact Us" form)
- by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise using the contact details provided on our Website;
- by joining our mailing list;
- creating an account; or
- providing your information when you purchase goods from us online or in stores.
From time to time, Vince collects personally identifiable information, which may include, but is not limited to, your name, email address, postal address; telephone number; details required to respond to your inquiry or resolve your complaint, financial information; personal information concerning your interests, opinions, occupation, gender and other demographic information. This link provides examples of the type of information that we collect from you and how we use that information.
Vince does not seek to collect such information from persons under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, please do not submit any such information to us. If you are the parent or guardian of a person under the age of 18 who has provided such information to us, please contact us at (+1) 800.960.2231 or at email@example.com and we will remove such information from our database as described further below.
In addition, no person (of any age) is required to provide us with the personally identifiable information we request. If you do not wish to provide such information, you are free not to do so, although that may prevent you from using certain features or taking full advantage of all of our offerings on our website. If, after submitting personally identifiable information to us, you wish to "opt-out," please contact us at (+1) 800.960.2231 or at firstname.lastname@example.org, informing us of the services you do not wish to receive and we will disable the services according to your instructions and as set forth below in the section titled "Managing Your Information." You can also opt-out of marketing emails by using the 'unsubscribe' link provided in our emails.
Our Website also receives and records information from server logs from your browser or device, not limited to cookie information relating to pages requested, your domain, IP address, date, time and duration of your visit, browser type, operating system and page visits. This information is not collected for purposes of trying to identify you and we do not associate this information with the information you provide voluntarily. Some web browsers and devices permit you to broadcast a preference that you not be "tracked" online. At this time, we do not modify your experience based on any such signal or broadcast.
Vince uses the information you provide to us to customize advertising and content that we present to you, to contact you concerning specials, abandoned shopping carts and new products, and to enhance our product offerings. Vince is not a data broker, and does not sell your contact information to third parties. Vince will not disclose your personally identifiable information to any third party except when:
- you have been given an opportunity to "opt-in" to sharing the information and have chosen to do so;
- Vince must share the information in order to provide a product or service that you have requested or which is necessary for Vince’s operations, in which case, we will demand that any third party we use to fulfill your order agree that it does not have the right to use the personally identifiable information other than to fulfill your request;
- Vince is required to respond to subpoena, court orders, statutory or regulatory obligation or other legal processes requiring such disclosure.
If you choose to participate in our Refer-a-Friend Program through our Vince Unfold service, or any other of our services on our Website, you may be allowed to forward or share certain content with individuals to whom you would like to refer to such services. To forward or share such content, you will be asked to provide the name and e-mail address of the individual you would like to refer. By providing the name and e-mail address of the individual you would like to refer, you are confirming that you have the consent from the individual for us to send the individual an e-mail pursuant to the Refer-a-Friend Program through our Vince Unfold service. Any names and e-mail addresses that you may provide will be used to send those persons the content or link to our services that you request, but will not be collected or otherwise used by Vince or any other third parties for any other purpose. Persons referred by you may contact us as (+1) 844.265.5582 or at email@example.com to request that Vince remove this information from its database, or may click the ‘unsubscribe' link provided in our e-mails to no longer receive e-mails from Vince. Please be aware that when you use any “Refer-a-Friend” functionality via the Vince Unfold services (as described more fully below) on our Website, your contact information, name or username, and message may be included in the communication sent to your addressee(s). Some of these tools may be third-party tools subject to third-party privacy policies.
We may disclose information we collect (including Website usage information and personal information) in the following ways, to the extent permitted by law:
- to our service providers and suppliers, who collect or use such information for us or on our behalf (such as website or database hosting companies, address list hosting companies, email service providers, analytics companies, distribution companies, fulfillment companies, and other similar entities that help us to operate the Website and/or provide functionality, content and services);
- as necessary, if we believe that there has been a violation of the Website Terms and Conditions or any other Website policy, or if we have reason to believe that our rights or property, or the rights or property of any third party, may be or have been harmed;
- to respond to subpoenas; court order or other judicial processes, or to provide information as requested by law enforcement agencies, a regulator, other government authorities, or otherwise as required by law;
- in the event that another company acquires, or plans to acquire Vince or substantially all of its assets in an acquisition, merger, sale, consolidation, bankruptcy, liquidation or other similar corporate reorganization, where your information may be one of the transferred assets;
- to third-party marketers, as permitted by law, unless you direct us not to (please see the Your Choices/Your Privacy Rights section below);
- otherwise, with your permission; and
- as otherwise, with your permission or as permitted by law.
Please note that when you contribute to a social, community or other publicly available area or feature of the Website (e.g., if you submit a product rating or review), the information and content that you post may be made available to the general public, depending on your settings (which is why we recommend that you do not submit or post any sensitive personal information, such as your full name, home address, phone number or other information that would enable others to contact or locate you);Content and information that you submit on or through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr and other third-party platforms may appear on the Website through feeds from and other interfaces with those platforms. We are not responsible for the information, content and/or privacy practices of any such third-party platforms.
If you would like to opt out of receiving direct mail from us, please contact us at (+1) 800.960.2231 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please understand that if you opt out of receiving promotional correspondence from us, we may still contact you in connection with your account, relationship, activities, transactions and communications with us. Ensure that you specify which services you would like to opt out of.
If you would prefer that we not share your personal information with third-party marketers, please contact us at (+1) 800.960.2231 or at email@example.com. Please include your name and your email and postal addresses. (Note that we never share your payment information with other marketers.) Please understand that if you do request that we stop sharing your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, such request will only apply as of the date of your request, and we will not be responsible for any communications that you may receive from third parties that received your personal information prior to that request. In these cases, please opt out from or contact that third party directly.
Persons you refer to us via Vince Unfold’s Refer-a-Friend Program may contact us as (+1) 844.265.5582 or at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that Vince remove this information from its database, or may click the ‘unsubscribe' link provided in our e-mails to no longer receive e-mails from Vince
We maintain relationships with several social networks and technology companies, currently Facebook, Google and Pinterest. These companies have specific Interest-Based Ads programs that match people that have shown interest in Vince through our websites, stores or other services with their profiles on their platforms and properties. If we participate in these programs, we convert your personal information (via hashing, encryption or other similar mechanisms) into a unique, non-personally identifiable value that cannot be re-identified and which can then be matched by the partner company with a user on their platform. This matching allows us to deliver more relevant, interest-based ads to users of those other companies’ platforms. You can manage your preferences for these advertising programs by clicking on the following relevant link: here.
For more information about cookies including how to set your internet browser to reject cookies please go to www.allaboutcookies.org.
Different types of cookies are used for different purposes on our Website, these are known as: strictly necessary cookies, performance cookies, and functionality cookies. Some cookies may be provided by an external third party to provide additional functionality to our Website and these are included below.
Strictly necessary cookies
These are cookies that are essential to fulfil an action requested by you, such as identifying you as being logged in. If you prevent these cookies by adjusting your browser settings we cannot guarantee how our Website will perform during your visit.
These are cookies used to improve our Website, for example for analytics that let us see how our Website is being used and where to make improvements. These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our Website. The information is collected in an anonymous form and includes the number of visitors, where visitors have come from to the Websites and the pages they visited.
These cookies enhance the performance and functionality of our Website, often as a result of something you’re doing as a user. For instance, we may personalize our content for you or remember your preferences.
We will keep your personal information as long as it is reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected. However, in some circumstances we may retain your personal information for longer, for instance where required to do so in accordance with legal, tax and accounting requirements. In specific circumstances we may retain your personal information for longer periods of time so that we have an accurate record of your dealings with us in the event of any complaints or challenges. You may choose not to receive unsolicited marketing material from Vince, this can be done by using the 'unsubscribe' link included in our marketing email or by contacting us at (+1) 800.960.2231, or at email@example.com; and you have the right to request your Vince account information be disabled, subject to our need to keep appropriate archives of our business operations.
Vince employs reasonable measures to maintain all personally identifiable information provided by you on computer servers in a controlled and secured environment in an effort to hinder unauthorized access, loss, alteration, use or disclosure of such information. Vince utilizes secure socket layer encryption technology and firewall network protection to protect personally identifiable information that is transmitted to our Website. Unfortunately, the nature of the Internet is such that information may be transmitted over networks without appropriate security measures and may be accessed, deleted, altered, used or disclosed by unauthorized persons at that time. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of a breach to your personal information we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
To protect our customers from fraudulent transactions on our Website, all orders are subject to review and verification. As part of the verification process, an order may be temporarily placed on hold in order to verify order information: that includes, but is not limited to, credit card billing information, which may involve contacting the credit card holder directly.
Vince may make modifications or amendments to this policy from time to time. In the event that such changes alter how we gather, process, use, or disclose your personally identifiable information, we will post such changes on our Website.
Legal Basis for Processing
All processing (i.e. use) of your personal information is based on one of a number of legal conditions. Generally these will be:
- your consent (for example, to place cookies which process personal information, or for marketing from our third party partners);
- the performance of our contract with you (for example, to process your payment or shipping information in order to fulfil your order);
- compliance with a legal obligation (for example, where we are required to disclose information to a court or a tax authority); and
- our legitimate interests, provided these do not override your fundamental rights and freedoms (for example, where we carry out our own direct marketing to existing customers, subject to your right to opt-out of this at any time).
Rights of EU Residents
Subject to applicable law, as a resident of the EU, you may have some or all of the following rights in respect of your personal information:
- to obtain a copy of your personal information together with information about how and on what basis that personal information is processed;
- to rectify inaccurate personal information (including the right to have incomplete personal information completed);
- to erase your personal information (in limited circumstances, where it is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or processed);
- to request copy of your personal information in a portable format;
- to restrict processing of your personal information where:
- the accuracy of the personal information is contested;
- the processing is unlawful but you object to the erasure of the personal information;
- we no longer require the personal information but it is still required for the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claim;
- to challenge processing which we have justified on the basis of a legitimate interest (as opposed to your consent, or to perform a contract with you);
- to prevent us from sending you direct marketing;
- to withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal information (where that processing is based on your consent);
- to object to decisions which are based solely on automated processing or profiling; and
- to obtain, or see a copy of the appropriate safeguards under which your personal information is transferred to a third country or international organization.
In addition to the above, you have the right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority (for example, the Cnil in France, or the ICO in the United Kingdom).
In relation to all of these rights, please contact us using the details listedat the beginning of this policy. Please note that we may request proof of identity, and we reserve the right to charge a fee where permitted by law, for instance if your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive. We will endeavor to respond to your requests within all applicable timeframes.
International Transfers for EU Residents
You should be aware that we are a US headquartered company, and your personal information will routinely be transferred to and stored in the United States for processing.
In relation to both internal transfers and the use of affiliates, service providers or suppliers, if personal information is transferred outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"), we will take steps to ensure that the information receives the same level of protection as if it remained within the EEA, including entering into data transfer agreements, using the EU Commission approved Standard Contractual Clauses, or by relying on certification schemes such as the EU - US Privacy Shield. You may have a right to details of the mechanisms under which your data is transferred outside the EEA.
California residents can see the specific categories of information Vince collects on them by clicking here.
Rights of California Residents
Subject to applicable law, as a resident of the California, you may have some or all of the following rights in respect of your personal information:
- to request access to your personal information;
- to request a notice describing what categories of personal information (if any) we share with third parties or affiliates for direct marketing;
- to delete your personal information (note that in many situations we must keep your personal information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, or for another one of our business purposes);
- to object, or opt-out, of having their information sold to third parties.
Note that, as required by law, we will require you to prove your identity. We may conduct an identity verification by phone call or email.
Last Updated: December 2019
Effective: january 2020